Psalm 127:3-5

Behold children are a gift of the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a mighty warrior, so are the children of one's youth.
How blessed are those whose quiver is full of them
."

Friday, December 5, 2014

The least of these

I'm up again late into the night with a sick baby. They've all taken their turn at this thing and it's finally just a little cough left with Eva. It's been a long two weeks and as we are all getting well I'm so grateful and yet as I sit here watching my tiniest one making sure she can sleep peacefully despite her leftover cough, I'm overwhelmed at what a job I have. Long nights, long days, little rest, BUT what a privilege to give my life to such a cause. The Bible says "if you've done it to one of the least of these, you've done it unto me"..., that means as I stay up late at night and hold a little one comforting their  cries or just loving on them, I'm doing it to God. He sees children as that important. They are precious in His kingdom. My work here is not in vain, it's the work of God, it's the work of the saints who've gone before. It's the only work that really counts in the end. It's a privileged and amazing task. 


No comments: